Restorative Plots in the Community
“Bando Welfare di Comunità”
III Edition – 2017-2020
ConTatto is a project of community and social innovation welfare (“Welfare di comunità ed innovazione sociale”) financed by “Fondazione Cariplo”through the namesake program, now at its third edition. It aims to experiment in the 3-year period March 2017 - March 2020 a welfare model interpreted as a restorative and relational community. There, the conflicts (within a family, in the schools, inthe neighbourhoods…) – even those originating from or expressed through a crime – could be dealt with and managed in a constructive way, with support by experts and resources present in the territory.
A restorative community is built through practices of restorative justice, promoting spaces of empathic listening and of encounter to help manage suffering through the dialogue.
Restorative justice moves beyond the logic of the contrast between the parties (winner-loser / offender-victim) and that exclusively punitive in managing conflicts, even those with a criminal relevance.
It offers the possibility of mediation, reparation of the offence, welcoming of the consequent sufferings, which are often borne in loneliness.
Restorative practices help build trust among people and mend the social fabric, torn by conflicts between people or groups.
City and district of Como: 23 municipalities.
District of Lomazzo/Fino Mornasco: 19 municipalities. More than 100.000 inhabitants, with 10.718 inhabitants in Fino Mornasco and 10.421 in Lomazzo.
Citizens living in urban contexts where there are ongoing conflicts (neighbourhoods, public and private buildings, train stations, parks…).
Students and families, teachers and principals of the schools present in the territory.
Minors and young adults in the care of social services.
Victims and injured parties
Institutional and third-sector operators
Other entities present in the local communities (groups, associations…)
The vital worlds
In urban contexts experiencing intense human relationships and significant transformations:
- Rebbio neighbourhood in Como and other neighbourhoods to be identified
- Municipality of Rovellasca
- Train station of Lomazzo
The world of the schools
- In some middle and high schools of Como and of the district of Lomazzo-Fino Mornasco.
- TO IMPROVE LISTENING ABILITIES AND THE MANAGEMENT OF FEELINGS AND TO PROMOTE THE MEDIATION OF CONFLICTS.
- TO TEACH A LANGUAGE ABLE TO EXTINGUISH VIOLENCE, REINFORCE TRUST AND (RE)CREATE A FAVORABLE AND WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND FOR LEARNING.
The world of justice
- In the services of the management of justice, in social services, in the wolrd of volunteering and of associations dealing with rehabilitation paths of criminal offenders, especially with regard to minors and young adults
The world of the victims
- In the services and in the contexts where victims and people injured by crimes meet.
- TO FOSTER LISTENING, ATTENTION, AND RESTORATION TOWARDS THE VICTIMS AND/OR THE COMMUNITY
- TO INCREASE A SENSE OF INDIVIDUAL AND COLLETTIVE SAFETY
AWARENESS RAISING, INFORMATION AND TRAINING
ACTIVATING INNOVATIVE AND SHARED SYSTEMS OF CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
EXPERIENCING PATHS OF SOCIAL MEDIATION OF CONFLICTS
EXPERIENCING PATHS OF RESTORATIVE JUSTICE AND CRIMINAL MEDIATION
ACTIVATING EXPERIMENTAL SERVICES OF HOSPITALITY, SUPPORT, AND EMPOWERMENT FOR THE VICTIMS
COMMUNICATION AND FUNDRAISING
Why should we get involved?
- To improve the sense of safety in the neighbourhoods where we belong, in the places where we live, in the school.
- To find together new ways to mend the ruptures of the social fabric and the sufferings caused by conflicts or crimes.
- To build spaces of empathic listening, take part in generative dialogues between the different conflicting parties and embrace their experiences.
- To pay attention to the victims, support them and embrace their suffering and their need for restoration.
- To give our contribution to the positive and responsible management of conflicts that surround us daily.
- To promote in youngsters a new culture of cooperation and social responsibility.
This project is promoted by:
City of Como – Leader
- University of Insubria
- Università of Bergamo
- ASCI “Azienda Sociale Comuni Insieme”
- Como Association of Volunteering - CSV Como
- “Solevol” - CSV Lecco
- Association “Comunità Il Gabbiano onlus”
- “Cooperativa Lotta Contro l’Emarginazione”
- Cultural Association “Formattart”
- Association “Ricerca Sociale – ARS”
- “Consultorio Familiare Icarus”
- “Cooperativa Sociale Questa Generazione”
- “Consorzio Concerto”
How to get involved
Non-legal - Monica Mordente – ASCI – Phone: +39.02.96778318
Legal - Alessandra Bellandi - Centro Servizi per il Volontariato di Como – Phone: +39.031.301800
Victims - Patrizia De Filippi - Comunità il Gabbiano – Phone: +39.340.9790140
Communication - Maria Grazia Gispi - Centro Servizi per il Volontariato di Como – Phone: +39.031.301800
[logoshowcase autoplay="true" autoplay_interval="2000" center_mode="false" slides_column="3" link_target="blank" hide_border="true" dots="false"]